Saturday, August 30, 2014

Chevron State of Mind

I know people are beginning to talk about sweater season coming, but I am in complete denial that summer is coming to an end. Living in California doesn't help with my denial either considering that day after day there's beautiful sunshine. 

Lately I've been seeing chevron everywhere and I absolutely love it. Chevron is pretty bold and stylish on it's own, so i think it's important to keep the other pieces relatively simple so you don't over do it with different prints and patterns. 

Today I went for a more preppy look with the this teal skirt paired with the chevron crop top. (both from Victoria's Secret) I used to never buy clothes at Victoria's Secret because I used to think they just had sweatpants and comfort wear, but I found these gems there so I'll have to be making visits there more often. 

To make the chevron pop, I accessorized very minimally and just kept it with this teal necklace I found at a market in Japan for three dollars. (I'm not kidding. it was three dollars)

I promise once it gets a little cooler in California I'll start to do some more fall looks but until then, hope you guys enjoy this look!










2 comments:

  1. I love the green with the black and white. Looks great together :)

    www.sunsetdesires.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) i'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete