Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Menswear Spring 2015

Hi guys! Today I’m going to be doing a special post for some of my male readers.

I was contacted by a rep from Paul Fredrick about doing a post about Spring 2015 trends. I had been wanting to take the time to add a little something different to my blog, and a menswear post would definitely be something different. I've had some people email/message me about menswear questions and I thought this would be a perfect time to answer some of those questions.

In today’s post I’ll be talking about colors because I think this is one of the biggest things that’s lacking in a lot of the outfits I see on the streets. I know it can be really intimidating to add color to your outfits because you don’t want to come off as too flashy, but adding just a little bit of color in your outfit can make a huge difference in your overall appearance.

Some colors that are perfect for this season are blue, green and even red. Now don’t be afraid of the last one, there’s ways to wear red without overpowering everything else. 

Let’s begin with blue and green. And when I say blue and green, I don’t mean the extremely dark shades. I mean the vibrant blues and greens. Having vibrant colors in your outfit not only shows style but also confidence, which is the most important part of fashion. You can even start by adding blue or green accents, and eventually start adding bright collared shirts to your collection.
Find a selection of dress shirts at Paul Fredrick.



Here’s a great piece from the Paul Fredrick Spring 2015 collection. The blue shirt paired with the striped green tie gives the look such a fresh and vibrant look perfect for spring. This is also a great pairing because it has stripes, which is another trend this season.

Now let’s move on the more feared color: Red. 

I know this color probably makes a lot of guys pretty nervous. I think a great place to start with red would be on cuff links or ties. Red is such a bold color, and just having a little bit of it in your outfit can really add a great pop to the overall look.



These cuff links have accents of red in them, which is perfect for those of you who are a little nervous to dive into wearing more bold pieces. 


Now here's an outfit that will get any guy looking sharp. The red accent pieces look great with the blazer, and at the same time it doesn't overpower the entire outfit. 


Here's a more casual piece that would still keep you looking fashionable and in style. Don't forget to pair a shirt like this with pieces that are more basic and without print so you don't overdo the whole look! 

I’m all about simplicity in my personal style, and I believe that menswear should be approached the same way. If you wear a bright red shirt (which can look great!), then you don’t need the rest of your outfit filled with color. The same applies for prints as well! If you have a tie with a really bold print, then keep the rest of the outfit very minimal so there isn't too much going on overall.

I hope my male readers enjoyed this post, I know it’s a little different than my usual post! And for my female readers, this is a perfect post for dressing up your man for valentines day!

If you guys enjoyed some of these pieces that are on the post, then go check out these and more on Paul Fredrick's website at:
 http://www.paulfredrick.com/


Hope you guys enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Tailor at the Tannery is a premium menswear online shopping store in UK providing the latest and wide range of designer mens clothing. More Information Visit: tailoratthetannery.com

    ReplyDelete